Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube Winners in Metal Casting

Another brain child. My wife says, "God protects the dumb". Isn't alloying metals kind of for the more advanced in the metal casting world? I thought it was....
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

.........Big sigh...................

Now we have drunk metal casting. Youtube rabbit hole sucking me in tonight. :-/

-- Donald Trump --

FOAM??????? OMFG!

-- Donald Trump --

Yeah, but it is high temperature foam...
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos

Really?????? WTF is wrong with our world today?

-- Donald Trump --

I was always worried that I would end up in a thread like this, but after the last few videos here, I know that I can do the dumbest thing I can think of and still not even come close, lol. People are always supprising when it comes to the raw stupidity they're capable of anymore.

2 things happen to those that end up here.

1) We learn you are an idiot.
    2) We learn nothing.

CAE, you're safe bud. I always pick up something good from your videos. ;-) I'm off to find some silicone cupcake molds tomorrow. Thanks again!
    Jason
    -- Donald Trump --

Not my cup of tea but it makes you wonder where all the money comes from.

This poor soul gives oil burners a bad name. I was wondering if this video was going to end with a visit from the fire dept.

-- Donald Trump --

This one made me wish we had a "youtube winners (in a non-sarcastic way) in metal casting" thread...

Pretty good IMO, considering that it comes from a woodworking channel:

Not saying it is perfect or anything - for one thing, I would have molded it with the pattern lying flat instead of standing on end, same way I have cast an axe before... Except, for one this small with no core, you wouldn't even need a split pattern; the whole thing could go in the drag, and likely without even really needing much/any draft or coping down... But hey, it worked. She ended up with a cool keychain, and jumped right past aluminum to start out with brass, no less! I guess she must have drilled out the eye off-camera.

I can't think of anyone else who rebuilt their KoR furnace pre-emptively, before they even destroyed it trying to melt something (shown in her previous video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLM8w4-6AaE). Obviously, she did her homework first. - Maybe now we will be flooded with new members seeking advice on their April Wilkerson furnace builds instead; she does have a ton of subscribers...

Jeff
    Tobho had learned to work Valyrian steel at the forges of Qohor as a boy. Only a man who knew the spells could take old weapons and forge them anew.

How I built my oil furnace | My Photo Album | My Videos