Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: YouTube Winners in Metal Casting

lol, I could recognize that furnace from first sight, lol. Im almost positive that he isnt on here. That is the steampunk guy's furnace, jake von slatt, or steampunkworkshop's, and saw that a while back when he was building it, he also has that video on youtube also with a bunch of other ones too. He does some pretty neat stuff for projects tbh.

Looks like a decent rig. Agree the lamp post is priceless and his pouring shank could use a little work. I Think he'd do better with a side pour and a shank that griped the crucible midway up instead of at the top.

From the first to second video I noticed he ditched the gasoline and fuel injector in favor of LP as starter fuel which seemed like a good move. Not sure I was warming up to the Coleman heater to heat the oil tank. Seems that could go wrong. The vent on his furnace looked unusually small in general and especially for an oil burner. Anyone else notice that?

Best,
    Kelly

Don't know if you guys have seen this one yet. I think his furnace is a bit large for his crucible but I do like his ingot making set up.

Making ingots from 240 lbs of scrap aluminum
    "Success is 99% determination"

Kelly, i was glad to see he ditched the gasoline. I looked for a second video fearing the worse... lol the vent did look a little small, but heating the oil tank is a good cheap solution. I liked that part.
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Quote Originally Posted by _Jason View Post
    Don't know if you guys have seen this one yet. I think his furnace is a bit large for his crucible but I do like his ingot making set up.

Making ingots from 240 lbs of scrap aluminum
    It's awfully big all right. But he does have a pretty cool rig. It looked like he's got a Glumpy inspired burner on the furnace. The description indeed credits and links Oil Burner.
    I especially like the ingot molds and automatic stacking.
    Definitely not KOR.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by jagboy69 View Post
    the vent did look a little small
    Nothing a scrap of bed-frame couldn't fix
    "Things that are complex are not useful, things that are useful are simple."
    - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Congrats maker-j You made the list! If he can pull this off, my worries are gone about ceramic shell.

Good job kiddo. It did work and that's what counts.
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Eventually I will get on this list
    Thinking maybe a yellow T back thong and pink fuzzy bunny slippers while casting ought to do it.....
    A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor....

Good that it worked. I'm surprised the charcoal pit worked so well & the pure plaster mold material. Not sure I'd be comfortable casting over the grass & wet ground like that. Seems like a good way to get a nice splatter tattoo.

Haha yeah that would get you on the list in a hurry

More aluminum cookware in Africa; pulling the lid handle pattern at 7 minutes in:
    https://youtu.be/fma_lVCFrLQ
    Last edited by Spelter; 01-17-2017 at 03:10 AM. Reason: typo
    "The former lives of objects need not interfere with their current use."