Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: YouTube Winners in Metal Casting

I think they use a chisel and cut off the sprues like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapins View Post
    I think they use a chisel and cut off the sprues like that.
    Dude, they dont even have shoes, let alone a chisel!! LOL
    A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor....

That's amazing! Love that kind of ingenious stuff. I've often wondered about 3 part sand molds, or 4 here, to cast certain shapes.
    People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

On YouTube they called this “Crazy Chinese smiths. Forge a large flange on the street” but obviously it’s a big assed drop forge in a plant. It’s not a casting video but sort of cool to watch these guys, not a lot of wasted movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobho Mott View Post
    The King is at it again! This time he is doing lost wax.
    Dude clearly has a lucky horseshoe lodged somewhere.

Jeff
    Right next to his buttplug. I personally find the clown REALLY ANNOYING. He acts like every other liberal loony I've seen from the los angelos area.

Check out these guys casting lead batteries. The first guy missed have missed the smoking and working with lead safety briefing. lol
    Not to mention the lack of child labor laws.

Last edited by jagboy69; 12-18-2016 at 05:53 AM.
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

"I had to watch that twice, to me it looks as if the handle is simply and already cast part that is simply fused with the lid during the cast!!!"

The handle lid of the aluminum pot lid was done in the way of a horn gate. No clear footage of the pattern, but in the cleanup of the underside of the cope, holes are visible, not lugs of a precast element. The pattern is tapered along a circular arc and is withdrawn from the sand along a circular path. The ends usually start flush with the sand; poking the small end below the surface raises the large end out enough to grasp. It takes some practice to draw the piece smoothly.
    "The former lives of objects need not interfere with their current use."

Quote Originally Posted by Tobho Mott View Post
    The King is at it again! This time he is doing lost wax.

Pure PoP molds, which did not seem to have been properly burned out. Large spherical solid castings, waxes not hollow. Second pour was from a split-in-two crucible yet filled most of the mold. Second half of second pour was through the tuyere of the plaster furnace, and occurred much later than first half of that pour... Sounds like a total fiasco, right?

Yet somehow he gets 2 "good enough" parts that he seemed really happy with. Even that second mold! Dude clearly has a lucky horseshoe lodged somewhere.

Jeff
    It is a miracle to me that he broke the crucible in two halves. He must have used a very poor quality graphite crucible or a ceramic one.

This guy is a douche bag. I hope his wife castrated him after she saw what he did to her kitchen. I have more respect for our barefoot pot maker. That guy has some serious skills.
    -- Donald Trump --

Quote Originally Posted by bmac2 View Post
    On YouTube they called this “Crazy Chinese smiths. Forge a large flange on the street” but obviously it’s a big assed drop forge in a plant.[/video]
    I saw that! Crazy eh? I mean, I think they've taken the chop-sticks-car-do-everything routine a bit too far!

The next step in the process (video forthcoming) is how they unroll that flange into bed-frame angle-iron, using again...chopsticks!
    "Things that are complex are not useful, things that are useful are simple."
    - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Not on youtube, but this guy over engineered the hell out of this thing. Which one of you nutbags want to claim this??????? lol

The lamp post is PRICELESS! TO the new kids... This is not an effective pouring tool.
    -- Donald Trump --