Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: metal vids

The monument guys show died a quick death. It was all BS drama and no process anyway. Same with most crap on tv these days. It's not missed. lol
    Visit me: WWW.HandcraftedLanterns.com
    "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war"
    -- Donald Trump --

Quote Originally Posted by jagboy69 View Post
    The monument guys show died a quick death. It was all BS drama and no process anyway. Same with most crap on tv these days. It's not missed. lol
    I agree they could have shown more then a introduction to their processes. I valued the history that went along with each piece as did mostly everyone I've watched the show with. In fact I often was asked many question's when watching the show about foundry work that otherwise I don't think those asking would have any interest. Our connections to the past prove useful to inspire those who inherit the future.

Quote Originally Posted by AricMettle View Post
    Our connections to the past prove useful to inspire those who inherit the future.
    Well said!
    -- Donald Trump --

I tried to watch the pirate monument programme but 2 things ruined it for me. The first, as jagboy points out, seems to be the over hyped drama and lack of substance. The second was i couldnt really get past the premise that they wanted to use inspiration from a british thief who used violence and intimidation to rob people. Could they not find an American with these same qualities? Is this really the values we want to instill in these kids? If they arnt botherered with the patriotism why dont they at least modernise the concept and do a sculpture of Somali pirates threatening international shipping and hiking up insurance premiums, generating massive profits for the insurance companies? Way cooler and more relevant to the kids of today, no?

John
    Last edited by Artopsy; 02-22-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artopsy View Post
    Is this really the values we want to instill in these kids?
    John
    I know right that part bugged me too. Unfortunately that was the only episode I could find online. Other episodes showcased America's Lunar Legend: Astronaut Tom Stafford. Metal of Honor: Benny Adkins along with a life-sized bust of Houdini a notable humanitarian. Tesla and the Unbreakable Glass: Tesla we all should be familiar and Hugh Glass who was mauled by a grizzly, and managed to crawl two hundred miles to safety. The Battlefield Cross: Steve creates a Battlefield Cross monument to honor his son and other fallen soldiers. Like them sometimes we have to do the work that pays the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by AricMettle View Post
    I know right that part bugged me too. Unfortunately that was the only episode I could find online. Like them sometimes we have to do the work that pays the bills.
    Aricmettle,

actually my comment was a tongue in cheek thing (plus everybody knows that Brits make the best villians!) and i would be the first to admit to have sold my 'artistic' soul to the devil for 'a few pieces of eight!"

Thanks for posting and the heads up on the other episodes, i will do a bit of searching myself to see if i can track down the other episodes. the delivery grates on me a bit but i can get past that if the info is good.

John

John, You might not find anymore online. Still under copyright also not a big following even History channel didn't see it as a good investment. I wouldn't really say that it's a very informative series. Although it can relate to the length one may consider undertaking to do research on a subject. The thought process. Who knows to each his/her own. Many levels here I've seen in my short time on AA. with regards Aric btw your welcome sharing is fun.

Not sure what to make of the Rhino standing on the chicks head. Foundry from Miami.
    -- Donald Trump --

Colonial Silversmith of Williamsburg, VA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaqmzKFWDEI