All Blog Entries

1. Ball and Plow Muller for Green Sand

Here is a quick pictorial of my muller build.

It's a great feeling to look at a pile of scrap and know it will soon be an essential machine in your foundry :twisted:

33 gal air tank and some various stuffs. 1750 rpm motor, 30/1 gear reduction...

Main sub-frame to support the drum.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. almost flasks

Well that's just a bunch of boxes I made this weekend, made me thinking on building flasks ( as soon as I get some petrobond ) .The disc sander was very helpful but to get a flush cut on the dowels, I also used a scraper. A linseed oil coat and that's done. Actually I needed a pair of boxes for the bathroom but once everything is set it's not a big deal to make a few more.

Updated 07-05-2011 at 05:02 AM by TRYPHON974

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. square for straight cutting

Straight cutting with a hacksaw requires some practice. I made this simple square to speed up the cutting process. It's some kind of carpenter square. My tip was to bolt the square before to weld, 90 guaranteed. Still need some finishing.

Just clamp it on the vice and cut.The cut is reasonably accurate, a quick touch up with a file (or the sander...) and you're done. :wink:

Updated 07-05-2011 at 05:03 AM by TRYPHON974

Tags: homemade, tool Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. poor man's ring roller

I made a very simple ring roller.

and voila!

A ring made out of a one meter flat bar (2mm )in a few minutes.The tricky part was to weld the joint.

Updated 07-05-2011 at 05:01 AM by TRYPHON974

Tags: homemade, roller Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. homemade welder hammer

I had fun doing this . Screen-print bar, re grounded Ducati valve, wood shaped handle, everything is reclaimed. Free and indestructible!!!

Updated 07-05-2011 at 05:08 AM by TRYPHON974

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast