All Blog Entries

1. homemade lathe tool

Not my own design.
    This tool is a great help for beginners like me. Push it gently against the loosely tightened piece while the lathe is running and it will center itself. Stop the lathe, tighten the piece and you can start machining.

Updated 07-05-2011 at 05:18 AM by TRYPHON974

Tags: homemade, tool Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. disc sander upgrade

I made this disc sander 6 or 7 years ago. I put together a 2hp electric lawn mower motor, a 7" wooden disc and some metal plates. Ugly but effective:

It was time for an overhaul, it's now a pedestal 10" sander with a tilting rest.

I just made a shaft coupling ( from ingot ) to make all the hand grinder's ...

Updated 07-05-2011 at 05:19 AM by TRYPHON974

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. homemade marking gauge

That's a quick and easy project, I don't know why I waited so long.

I need to add magnets.

Updated 07-05-2011 at 05:21 AM by TRYPHON974

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. wood scribe's sketches

Here are two sketches I made, it may look like a fly cutter but it is supposed to be a wood scribe.

This is MK2 a refined version

I grabbed a 1" broom handle, some ingot, a 1/4" allen wrench and put everything together:
    dismantled:

Updated 07-05-2011 at 02:42 PM by TRYPHON974 (done!)

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Water rocket plug

The plug is the essential device on a water rocket, here's mine:

For those who don't know "A water rocket is a type of model rocket using water as its reaction mass. The pressure vessel—the engine of the rocket—is usually a used plastic soft drink bottle. The water is forced out by a pressurized gas, typically compressed air. It is an example of Newton's third law of motion." ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122