All Blog Entries

1. flintstone's belt sander

The green wheels come from a roller skate

It's not finished yet, I 've to find a condenser, starting it by hand bores me

Updated 07-05-2011 at 06:12 AM by TRYPHON974

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. bending jig

This is a bending jig I just made, not my design but I don't remember where I saw it . If someone knows...
    Basically a gap between two tubes, put the flat bar on and hammer it, the more you hammer, the more it bends.

Crude but effective as you can see, I made one carter for the sander and the other for the grinder. Both came well. It's a quick and easy way to make the curves you ...

Updated 07-05-2011 at 06:13 AM by TRYPHON974

Tags: homemade, tool Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. quick and dirty polishing machine

I quit buffing with a drill press, I had to stop often and it was noisy. So, I put together a salvaged drill chuck, a washing machine motor and a coupler I made. Here's the result:

The motor is silent, I really appreciate, and a lot of tools fit on the chuck. I've to work a little on it to make it look less rustic, ...

Updated 07-05-2011 at 06:15 AM by TRYPHON974

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. little brass hammer

Maybe some Thor effect but I made 2 hammers recently.
    This tiny one (6") is for my father who's a judge:

It's a wink, French judges don't use hammers
    I brazed a 20 cent euro on each side, it's figuring "Marianne" a French symbol (same as on the coldplay vivalavida album).

This hammer ...

Updated 07-05-2011 at 06:17 AM by TRYPHON974

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. homemade lathe tool

Not my own design.
    This tool is a great help for beginners like me. Push it gently against the loosely tightened piece while the lathe is running and it will center itself. Stop the lathe, tighten the piece and you can start machining.

Updated 07-05-2011 at 06:18 AM by TRYPHON974

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast