All Blog Entries

1. Frech Chef's Knife

This is something I whipped up for my girlfriend's mother for Christmas. She's a hell of a cook

Handle is Teak from the deck of my old sail boat.

Getting started, I free-handed the shape with a jig saw and started grinding.

Updated 12-26-2011 at 02:13 AM by GypsyTinker

Tags: knife Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Materials I have right now.

Here are the materials I have right now.

Pic1:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Steel tin that can be made into a furnace..jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	1512
    The dimensions of this tin is 6inches deep and 10 7/16inches across.

Pic 2:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kaowool.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	1513
    This is the kaowool I have. It is 2300F kaowool. The dimensions of this is about 2 inches wide, 2 inches thick, and 25 feet long.

I am trying to figure out how to use these materials to make a wood or charcoal fired aluminum melting furnace.

Updated 12-23-2011 at 12:43 AM by metalmelter2693

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. First Blog Post

First blog post. This seems like the ideal place to detail my projects since it isn't occupying space on the forum and it doesn't necessitate a reply, but people can still comment on it.

Latest progress, a new, lighter, more efficient furnace. 5 cm kaowool insulation, a little under 1 cm hotface (the slab roller was set to " but it must not be very accurate), with a tuyere for a " nominal burner. The bore is roughly 20 cm and fits an A6 clay graphite crucible from McMaster. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Need some flat plate. Made my own.

I need some 6mm flat stock to make the motor mounts for my little CNC gantry Mill, so I decided to cast some.

I got heavy shrinkage...

Luckily the pouring spout was long.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Started (yet another) project - Small CNC Gantry Mill

Hi Guys,

Since you can never have too many unfinished projects floating around, I thought I'd start another one.

The write upo will be...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...ting_mill.html

I am sick of having my Mill 1 hours drive away, but the last four houses we offered on we didn't get, so we're still in an apartment. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast