All Blog Entries

1. First Blog Post

First blog post. This seems like the ideal place to detail my projects since it isn't occupying space on the forum and it doesn't necessitate a reply, but people can still comment on it.

Latest progress, a new, lighter, more efficient furnace. 5 cm kaowool insulation, a little under 1 cm hotface (the slab roller was set to " but it must not be very accurate), with a tuyere for a " nominal burner. The bore is roughly 20 cm and fits an A6 clay graphite crucible from McMaster. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Need some flat plate. Made my own.

I need some 6mm flat stock to make the motor mounts for my little CNC gantry Mill, so I decided to cast some.

I got heavy shrinkage...

Luckily the pouring spout was long.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Started (yet another) project - Small CNC Gantry Mill

Hi Guys,

Since you can never have too many unfinished projects floating around, I thought I'd start another one.

The write upo will be...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bencht...ting_mill.html

I am sick of having my Mill 1 hours drive away, but the last four houses we offered on we didn't get, so we're still in an apartment. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. hand with marble

Updated 12-07-2011

This is my next project, still a work in progress. I am planning to put a marble in a cast hand. It will have a light coming up under it to light up the marble.

Here is the molding material I used:

Here is the wax pattern: I am not too happy with how it turned out but I think I cleaned ...

Updated 12-13-2011 at 08:10 PM by metalshop

Categories
    Metalshop projects
  5. Folding stands

I had taken a picture this summer, of some folding stands I fabbed up a few years back, figured you guys might enjoy the pic. These are some of the handiest tools I've made, they get used a lot. The legs are solid sucker rod, grade eight bolts on all joints, with the nuts tacked, so they can't work off. A pipe across two make an instant saw horse. All 4 with two pipes and some plywood make an adjustable height table. I also made some socket type extensions, when I needed a bit more height on a project. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast