All Blog Entries

1. Please Help - Mystery Machine - Massive Wax Injection System??

Quote Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
    I have a real mystery on my hands. And I'm hoping somebody on this forum can help me solve it.

A couple of years ago and purchased a large shop machine that had a vacuum pump on it that I need it for a project. That project has since been completed but I never ended up using that vacuum pump on this mystery machine.

I was told that this was a prototype large portable wax injection machine, intended for industrial purposes. After examining it, and looking online
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Sand Casting Shinkage/caving

I am brass casting an piece that is About 1.5 inches thick and tapers down to 3/4 inch thick. I get a caving in or shrinkage. I have moved my air holes and the gates but still have the problem. And suggests?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. 3D printed patterns

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    Any luck with the pattern? Is Don Dagen at make717 helping you out?
    Still working on it. Haven't met Don D yet. I'll keep an eye out for him.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 3D printed patterns

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna Furnace View Post
    Stay tuned, viewers! I have a deadline to make the replica iron �� for an open house on May 20th. Thank you for your input.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. What is the biggest problem you get when throttling back a burner?

When you try to reduce the heat that a burner is producing, the only way to do it is to throttle back both the air and the fuel being used.
    Simply reducing the fuel will create an environment that has too much oxygen in it which means that anything else in the foundry will tend to become oxidized - not a good thing.
    Reducing the air will create an environment that has too much fuel in it which means that in the case of using old motor oil a lot of smoke will be created and everything ...
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast