TRYPHON974

1. wood lathe 2

I had to split the blog because it exceeded the 10 pics allowed .
    10/16/2011
    I replaced the round bar with a square bar as Metal hero told, it won't slip sideways that way.

And I sprayed some blue paint because I was bored with the crappy look. I'll probably have to wipe it out later but it won't rust in the meantime.

I need to make pulleys, not sure what to make it out. So I ...

Updated 10-16-2011 at 02:49 PM by TRYPHON974

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. a new brand is born

Whether I really create a brand (something to get a headache in France) or not, I need to add some spirit to the things I make.I thought I had to create some logo.After some brainstorming and a few dead end I found this:

I just replace the "P" by a leg vice, that is supposed to evocate the old school work's quality , plus this leg vice is an heritage from my great grand father, a farrier.

Updated 07-04-2011 at 04:09 PM by TRYPHON974

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. wooden mallet

Quote Originally Posted by TRYPHON974 View Post
    Every apprentice has to do his own mallet, so here's mine.
    A neighbor threw away some wood I scavenged. I don't know the wood's name, it's frequently used as lumber, usually called "indo" (for indonesian I assume), it's hardwood.
    I started with this:

and ended with that a few hours later:

Updated 07-05-2011 at 05:13 AM by TRYPHON974

Tags: hammer, wood Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. almost flasks

Well that's just a bunch of boxes I made this weekend, made me thinking on building flasks ( as soon as I get some petrobond ) .The disc sander was very helpful but to get a flush cut on the dowels, I also used a scraper. A linseed oil coat and that's done. Actually I needed a pair of boxes for the bathroom but once everything is set it's not a big deal to make a few more.

Updated 07-05-2011 at 05:02 AM by TRYPHON974

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. square for straight cutting

Straight cutting with a hacksaw requires some practice. I made this simple square to speed up the cutting process. It's some kind of carpenter square. My tip was to bolt the square before to weld, 90° guaranteed. Still need some finishing.

Just clamp it on the vice and cut.The cut is reasonably accurate, a quick touch up with a file (or the sander...) and you're done. :wink:

Updated 07-05-2011 at 05:03 AM by TRYPHON974

Tags: homemade, tool Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast